Re: Hi all

On Saturday 02 December 2000 14:50, Tim Uckun wrote:
> Actually SSH was not working ither. It was never installed (wh not?)  then
> I did a apt-get ssh and it said there was a dependency for libssl09 so I
> did a apt-get libssl09 but it could not find it. Well I decided to do a
> reinstall figuring that maybe something else went wrong with this install
> too.
I bet that libssl09 is not re-exportable from the US, so you have to import
it from outside the US (dumb encryption laws!).  Try adding this line to your
/etc/apt/sources.list (or check out the list of non-US mirrors on debians web
site):
deb ftp://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

Then run...
apt-get update; apt-get install ssh

That should do it for you on that score.

> Why runlevel 2? That makes no sense to me.
Maybe you have some insite on the way Redhat does things then, because run
level 3 never made sense to me.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.