Re: kde2

On Sunday 03 December 2000 19:12, Eileen Orbell wrote:
> Anyone know where to get kde2.deb from?  I added to my sources-list the
> line shown on the kde website:
> debian-user@lists.debian.org
> deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato kde2
> But this returns errors..

This error is the key!  Either the web site is down or the apt-sources lines
have changed?!

> Failed to fetch ftp://kde.tdyc.com/dists/potato/kde2/binary-i386/Packages
>    Unable to fetch file, server said
> '/dists/potato/kde2/binary-i386/Packages.gz: No such file or directory.

Hmm.... the apt-source line is deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato kde2........
Maybe if I browse over to http://kde.tdyc.com?!  Hey, the web site is up, so
the sources lines must be incorrect.  Hey, the new sources lines are on this
page!!!  I'd be willing to bet that by the time you read this email you will
have already figured this out ;-)

Jesse