RE:changing route table ?

Hello Fellow Debin Users !

I used to have my debian box conected through a gateway, set up with

        route add default gw 192.168.0.1

Now that gateway ceased to exist, and each time I want to connect to
internet I cant. I have to:
        route -n (otherwise it tries to resolve names through the gateway)

        route del default gw 192.168.0.1

        route add default gw  <<ISP dinamic IP>>

Why does it insist on using the old gateway ?. Is there a way to make
permanent changes? (they were permanent the first time !!)

        Thanks in advance.

    Mark.

listmaster@lists.debian.org