smbfs: inaccessible, un-unmountable directory

   I had a Windows fs mounted on ~/smb via smbfs. The Windows machine
got put in suspend mode, then woken up, but now I canot access the
directory anymore:

$ ls smb
ls: smb: Input/output error
$ smbumount smb
Could not open smb: Input/output error

   When I do 'ls ~' I don't even see smb anymore.

   So what should I do? Surely I must have some other way of getting out
of this situation than rebooting (rmmod smbfs does not work).

Kernel: Linux version 2.2.17
smbfs:  2.0.7-3

--
Francois Gouget         fgouget@free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/