ssl and libwww-perl question

libwww-perl supports ssl out of the box _kinda_ if Crypt::SSLeay is
installed (or so the readme would have me believe). I dug around in
dselect a bit and find only Net::SSLeay (which the doc says is better,
but not compatible).

The question is if anyone out there knows how to set debian packages
up to make this work, or if I am resigned to grabbing/building source
(which I will start promptly, but would rather not worry about
maintaining).

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan
--