Re: xmms and xmps go bonkers

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 01:49:29PM +0100, Christoph Groth wrote:
> properly (I cannot recall any possible reason why).  On startup it
> says "shared object not open" twice and when I try to play some mp3,
No idea.

> the progress indicator moves very fast (5x the normal speed or so) and
> it doesn't produce any sound.  Strange, eh?
Try the following:
right mouse key -> options -> preferences
there you'll find a list labeled OutPut Plugin.
It's possible that the diskwriter plugin is turned on. Change this and maybe
it will work.

> BTW, do you know some nice AVI player for Linux?  I tried xmps because
> I have some AVIs with DIV3 codec and xanim seemingly doesn't handle
> those.
I use aktion. Well, it's a KDE prog but I like it. I think KDE is gpl'ed
now, so it doesn't matter anymore.
But I don't know if it works with "DIV3 codec"

     Ciao,
         Timo<t_benk@gmx.de>
--

    .-'~~~-.