Re: Quake installation

Yobb wrote:

> Help.  Am I missing something?  I downloaded and tried to install the
> following:
>
> quake-lib_1.06-10.deb
> quake-x11_0.1.1-1.deb
>
> I got the following error:
>
> # dpkg -i quake-x11_0.1.1-1.deb
> (Reading database ... 46278 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace quake-x11 0.1.1-1 (using quake-x11_0.1.1-1.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement quake-x11 ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of quake-x11:
>  quake-x11 depends on quake-game; however:
>   Package quake-game is not installed.
> dpkg: error processing quake-x11 (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  quake-x11
>
> I then tried to install
>
> quake-server_0.1.1-1.deb
>
> thinking I might need the server?  I got the same error.
>
> What all do I need to install Quake?  I thought it was shareware?
>
> Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

peecee:dnc# apt-get -s install quake-game
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  Package quake-game is a virtual package provided by:
    quake-lib 1.06-10
    quake-lib-stub 1.9-8
  You should explicitly select one to install.

You can have further info using "apt-cache show quake-lib" and "apt-cache show
quake-lib-stub".

Andrea