Re: repairing corrupted kernel to boot

Hmm, strange. Maybe you should try to boot a rescue floppy and do the job
from there. I do not have experience yet with Debian rescue disks, but you
can also go to redhat and download the bootdisk and the rescue disk.
After you have booted, you can mount whatever you want and fix it (or do a
chroot /mnt/rootdisk).

Good luck,
Sebastiaan