Re: help setting up a slave machine ...

yes, no harddisk. But I found the following:

".../linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt"

and the program

"bootparamd"

and I think I found my way. I'm still in doubt about which files
should be shared ("/home", "/usr" a part of "/etc") and which not
("/tmp", "/var", another part of "/etc"). And how to do this selection
... I'll take a look at the site.

thanks a lot

:-)

jan

ps.: I don't have a hub, is it possible to connect the cards directly
with a common cable ? (one of the cards don't take coaxial cables)