Re: Few question of newbie | need urgent help.

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, New Star Service Company wrote:

->1)  I install Debian 2.1 today , I'm single user.
->     I need setup internet dialup network urgently.
->     I use "pppconfig" to setup internet connection. setup is ok.
->     I use #pon in root for dial, connection ok , everything ok.
->     but when i use $pon command in my user account (/home/satyajit), I
->received
->     error message : /usr/bin/pon : /usr/sbin/pppd : permission denied
->     I use this # chmod u+s /usr/bin/pon
->                   # chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd
->     but same error.
->     Please someone urgently help me how can I active pon/poff command in my
->     user account (/home/satyajit) for take internet connection
->

<SNIP>

As root, use "adduser <user> dip"  to add the <user> to
the "dip" group.  The <user> will have to "logout" and
"login" to have the changes activated.  Have <user> use
the "groups" to verify they are part of the "dip" group.

See:   man adduser

--
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com