Re: Hi all

At 10:07 PM 12/1/2000 -0600, Dean wrote:
Hi Tim:
  congrats on the install. As to your question:

I'm not sure what you where trying to type but
the error message sounds like what I get when I
1.have the wrong location. 2.using the wrong command
to open it. 3.don't have proper authority to get into it
( need to be root.) hth   Dean

I kept getting all kinds of weird errors and problems like that. Then digging around a bit I found out I was running on runlevel 2! WTF?? I then changed the inittab and did a reboot (just to be sure) and bash segfaulted on me.

I think that when dpkg (or dselect) segfaulted on me it must have messed up a few things.

I am going to try and redo the install and see where that gets me. This machine had NT, redhat and freebsd on it at one time or another and I am pretty sure there is no hardware problems.

I have my fingers crossed.
             Tim Uckun
      Mobile Intelligence Unit.
   "There are some who call me TIM?"