Re: Sound Card

    EO>  Could someone tell me what SOUND CARD would be the best to
    EO> install on a Debian Box?  Also the easiest would help..
    EO>
    EO> Thanks

My recommendation: if you can afford to spend a bit more money, check
out the Sound Blaster Live! series of sound cards. I just recently
bought a SB Live! Value Edition.

Setting it up was really easy. The built-in kernel "SB Live! (EMU10K1)"
driver works perfectly. The SB Live! value edition together with my
Yamaha 100M speakers is a sweet combo!

A cheaper soundcard, that also works very well in Linux is the Creative
SB PCI128, which I had before. SB PCI128 has built-in kernel support
through the es1370/es1371 drivers.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com