Re: MegaImage MegaBook 880

Debian doesn't need drivers as such - you will need to know the type of chipset used in each component... for example you need to know that your video card uses a neomagic 256-abc (for example)

A lot of smaller laptops are just not supported by anyone any more - this is why name-brand laptops are worth more when they're older. You can still get support for a compaq 286 potable 10 years after it was discontinued, but god help you with a philips P100.