Re: Sound Card

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 04:23:34PM -0500, Eileen Orbell wrote:
> Could someone tell me what SOUND CARD would be the best to install on a
> Debian Box?
> Also the easiest would help..

Try a Creative Soundblaster PCI 128 (or 64).  I just got the SB 128 for
around $25, and all you have to do to get it working is load the es1371
kernel module.  That's as easy as it gets.  Also the Ensoniq cards are
just as easy to set up (and use the same modules, es1370 or es1371), and
usually even a bit cheaper.

As for "best", though, I suppose the Creative Soundblaster Live! is a
bit higher quality, particularly for games that use 3D audio.  I know
that one works just fine in Linux, but I have no experience with it so
can't say anything about how easy it is to set up.

--
Tom
"Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be nullified on behalf of a