pppd or pptp is not funny :(

Hello,

before I use a non-trivial solution, I would like to ask for one first.
Everytime when I start my adsl connection, which goes via pptp and then
pppd, my resolv.conf is edited and contains the nameservers my provider
gives me (I see them in /var/log/messages). However, I have more (useful)
information in my original resolv. When the connection is broken, I get my
original back.

Of course I can edit my dialin script so it overwrites the file with the
data I want, but I would like to know how I can pppd stop from beying
annoying.

Thanks,
Sebastiaan