Re:during make-kpkg I get i386-none not in remapping table

When working with these Very Recent sources, its important to have
required versions of the software. After installing sources, do a

grep ";" /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.0-test11/Documentation/Changes

which picks out a table relating how to test versions of critical
software:

o  Gnu C                  2.91.66                 # gcc --version
o  Gnu make               3.77                    # make --version
o  binutils               2.9.1.0.25              # ld -v
o  util-linux             2.10o                   # kbdrate -v
o  modutils               2.3.18                  # insmod -V
o  e2fsprogs              1.19                    # tune2fs --version
o  pcmcia-cs              3.1.21                  # cardmgr -V
o  PPP                    2.4.0                   # pppd --version
o  isdn4k-utils           3.1beta7           # isdnctrl 2>&1|grep
version

Which is on top of the 2.2.nn requirements grepped with (say):
grep " ; " /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.17/Documentation/Changes

After thus satisfied version requirements, and using the UnStable
kernel-package.deb and pcmcia-source, several compiles have proceeded
without problems.

Also make sure you have the bin86.deb needed for PC architechure.

MarvS
================================
Hi all,

I use potato with dpkg and debhelper from woody. When I try to compile
2.4.0-test11-pre7 after configuring it and doing a make-kpkg I get an
error saying that i386-none is not in remapping table and not found in
arch. So I have to specify --arch=i386. Doing this I get after a while
of compiling a make 1 error saying that i386-linux-gcc could not be
found. Doing an ln -s gcc i386-linux-gcc in /usr/bin I get i386-linux-ld
command not found again with error make 1.
So what is the proper way to do this, respectively, what am I doing
wrong.