(nearly solved): s3virge server crashes

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 09:10:30PM +0100, Bernhard Josef Rieder wrote:
> > Which X Server?
> s3virge from XFree 4.0.1 (sorry I forgot to mention)
It does not seem to depend on the server since I tested a
Nvida Riva TNT card today and the same error still occurs.

I discovered that it is a problem with the true type fonts.
After installing every single package abain that might be involved
in the error i noticed something that looked like a "font request"
in a strace dump.

I installed the frue type fonts again and mkttfdir gave me a
segfault. Installing all packages again (perl, freetype, ...)
the result is still the same. Now after commenting out
the true type fonts from the font path things seem to work
but I want my true type fonts back :(((((((

Has anybody an idea how I can do this?

Bernhard