PS/2 mouse

Greetings,

I had Debian Linux up an running just fine - until I removed the serial
mouse and replaced it with a PS/2 mouse.  Actually, I was playing with the
modem COM and IRQ settings too.

Now, the PS/2 mouse works fine when I boot into WIN98, but freezes when I
boot into the Linux x-window (Using GNOME).  The modem dials out OK from
linux but when I switch back to the x-window session, it freezes up and
there is no mouse recognized.  It there a trick to setting up a PS/2 mouse
after I originally had the serial mouse configured?

Thanks,
Don