Re: ess1868

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Wayne Sitton wrote:

> I have a PIII 500mhz. with a voodoo3, 128 meg of ram, and an ess1868
> soundcard.
> I've got everything working fine except the soundcard.  So first, is that
> sound card linux compatible?  when I tried to load a sound module during the
> installation, I couldn't find a module for the 1868, so I installed the
> sound blaster/awe32 module.  the module installed, but no sound.  How do I
> get it working.  Is there a different module that I should have chosen?

Hi!

I have been using an ess1868 card for a long time, and it works well with
linux kernel 2.2.12. I don't remember the correct settings (i'm
working now and linux is on my home machine only) but I think you should
use the sound blaster module. Since this is an PNP card, you should adjust
/etc/isapnp... on your machine, and you have to add the correct irq and
dma settings when loading the sb module.

--Tibi

--
Tibor Pap <papt@edasz.hu>