RE: Was my system cracked? (retry 2)

hi ya...

just re-installing and rebuilding the new box wont help because...

   the hacker got in before... they probably can still get in again
   unless something is done differently..
	- simple things can prevent it from happening again would
	- be to implement all the common things people been saying in
	- the lists, faqs, replies, etc

probably the most important thing is backup your user data...religously...
that you can do and control with relative ease....

i guess the trick question....is did that guy get in...or was it just
a failed attempt....
	- again some people say check your binaries against the cdrom
	installs

have fun
alvin