mounting /home?

This is probably embarassingly simple, but I'd better ask.. I'm thinking
of doing a reinstall of 2.2 and would like to use my existing /home
directory. That will allow me to keep lots of existing info. I tried
this once before w/ Redhat but it didn't work right after the reinstall.
Do I just do a regular install *not* mounting the /home partition? After
the install, how do I get the /home partion mounted? Can I just copy my
/etc/fstab file and /home will mount automatically?
thanks