Re: Do you recomend to upgrade to Woody?

Aaron Maxwell <amaxwell@phy.ucsf.edu> writes:

> > What's the best way to downgrade from woody to potato?
>
> I've never done it, but I think just editing /etc/apt/sources.list to
> point to 'potato' instead of 'woody', then 'apt-get dist-upgrade', will do
> it.  apt-get & friends just know that woody and potato are different
> distributions; they don't know that one is more 'advanced' than the other.
> YMMV.

Aaron,

MMWY. Because the woody packages have the same or a higher version
number, apt-get dist-upgrade doesn't install _any_ packages. I got a
hint though:

dpkg -i -E -O -R --force-downgrade path-to-potato-binary-i386

may do the job, but is of course dangerous. Hmm.

-- Andre