Re: FTP and Firewall

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000, Christoph Simon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've three machines behind a firewall provided by IP Masquerading (all
> > machines running Potato). One of this machines is a web server updated
> > by Windows Users by FTP.
> >
> > The problem is that conections provided inside a IP Masquerading
> > environment can't transfer files. But in your homes (using a real IP
> > connection) he can.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> Did you consider running a proxy? BTW ftp through IP_masq should work.
>
> Christoph Simon
> ciccio@prestonet.com.br

I happen to have the same problem. I have a cable connection and from my
gateway box running potato I can't seem to get a decent FTP transfer from
my workstation box running woody and either ftpd or wu-ftpd. I run ip
forwarding and masquerading on the gateway box. The local net is masqueraded
as the "outer" IP# of the box connected to the cable ISP. All works well, I
have the box load the masq modules for ftp and the like (even icq) on
start-up; all but ftp'ing to my workstation from my gateway box.

Same problem. Que? Anyone?

Dan

--
Danny Pansters