Re: (3Com) Ethernet card 100Base-only capable?

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Sven Burgener wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I got myself a second box onto which I just installed potato! Yippie!
> I have one problem, though: the network card. :(
>

> If this is really so, I think it's annoying for cards as this to exist.
> Are there any specific reasons for having Ethernet cards that are only
> 100Base capable and not 10Base also.
>

> Thanks for help
> Sven

I'm not sure about the following, but maybe there is a tool provided by
3com, that you can use to put the card in '10 Base-mode'.

This could be done with the 3c509b (put it in auto, TP or coax mode).
The configuration could be written to the EPROM, so you don't have to use
various commandline options.

hth

Jos Lemmerling