Re: compatible sound cards

Rogerio Brito hat gesagt: // Rogerio Brito wrote:

> On Jun 02 2000, Oliver Hingst wrote:
> 	Are you using the alsa packages that come with Debian or are
> 	you using the stock packages? I'd like to try the stock ones
> 	to use a card from Trident (it's Trident 4DX something) and
> 	the only kernel releases that come with drivers for it are
> 	those from the 2.3 series... :-(
>
> 	I wouldn't like to use these 2.3 kernels but as I understand I
> 	can't use the Debian ALSA packages/modules if I compile my own
> 	kernel (can I)?

No, you can use the debian packages with kernel 2.2.xx, but you should
take the ones from woody. You may need to compile them from the source
(with dpkg-buildpackage). As for the modules, you just install the deb
package alsa-source and when you have built and installed a kernel on
your own (with make-kpkg) you just run "make-kpkg modules_image" to
compile the matching alsa-modules.
(Read /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/debian/README)

bye
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______