Re: bash_history from Cracked Computer

"Dzuy M. Nguyen" wrote:
> This linux box was plugged into the same LAN as our company NT Network.
> It wasn't setup to access the NT Network or be involved in it.  It just
> get's
> it's TCP/IP signal from the LAN.

And what about the internet connection? Are all of your NT boxes
connected directly to the internet? Is there any sort of firewall
protecting them?

Of course, I'm assuming that the cracker came in from the outside. He
might just as well have broken in from the inside.

> My question is could this cracker get access to our NT Network from this
> linux box?  Could he have scanned the ports of the computers physically
> connected on this LAN?  Should I be concerned with the security of the
> whole office now?

If there's no firewall, a cracker might get access to your NT network
regardless of whether the linux box is there or not.