problem creating boot floppy

I wasn't able to create a boot floppy during installation (of the frozen distribution) and I'm
having the same problem now that everything else is up and running. I'm pretty sure that I'm doing
everything correctly, but I keep getting back a bad disk or write-protected disk error. I've gone
through a whole pack of floppies and then some, I've made absolutely sure that the write-protect
tab is in the right position, and I've even tried floppies that work just fine on my other
Debian-loaded machine. They're all being rejected by mkboot. Have I run into a frozen distribution
bug, or am I just having really bad luck?

John Kiff