Re: Linux only sees half my RAM

sam <hari@shellyeah.org> writes:

> Maybe if you would the question u would see that I dont use lilo. I tried
> adding it to loadlin and that didn't work.

> ~Sam
>
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>
> > > ok, First let me say that I do NOT use lilo so don't tell me edit
> > > lilo.conf. I boot with loadlin, have 128mb of RAM but Linux sees only 64mb
> > > of it. When I type "free" it says:
> > >
> > let's start a competition: the most asked FAQ  :-)=)
> > RTFM!!!!!  *grrrr*
> > ... or just add mem=128M to your lilo.conf - ehhhmm (*eg*) ---
> > loadlin command line.

     Maybe if you read the reply you would see that he did address
loadlin as well as lilo.

     The /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/BootPrompt-HOWTO.txt.gz doesn't
say it is required, but you might try adding append = mem=128m to your
loadlin command line.  You might have to make it append = "mem=128m",
I'm not sure.  If it doesn't work then, read the HOWTO mentioned above.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@debian.org>