Re: ipopd and ~/mail/mbox

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, aphro wrote:

> I am switching my systems over to using ~/mail/mbox instead of
> /var/spool/mail/$USER
>
> i configured procmail to deliver mail to ~/mail/mbox and configured pine
> to look to ~/mail/mbox but i cant seem to get imapd or ipopd from pine
> 4.21 to look there. and there seems to be very little documentation on
> ipopd/imapd.
>
> any ideas? im gonna look into other pop3 packages and test compadiblity
> maybe qpopper would be better(with my mailbox formatting whatever ipopd
> uses..)

Are you using imapd/ipopd from the upstream pine distribution or the
(unofficial) debianized version?

imapd and ipopd is based on the c-client library.  The mbox driver in
c-client uses $HOME/mbox by default.  You will have to recompile it to use
$HOME/mail/mbox.

The debian libc-client4.7 package has instructions for doing so in
README.Debian

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>