Re: More network setups

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Radim Gelner wrote:

> I'm moving from network to network quite often
> and I carry my notebook with me. This leads to
> the need of more network setups (IP addresses,
> DNS, hostname, SMTP/POP server, etc).

You didn't tell whether the networks you connected to are via PPP, but
anyway:
Creating connection scripts using pppconfig (you have Debian on your
notebook, right?) would solve the problem. Say, if you have 3 ISPs, then
you'd have:
pon ISP1, to connect to ISP1
pon ISP2, to connect to ISP2
etc.
The connection scripts will set the DNS servers for each the ISP you have.
SMTP/POP servers can be set using the Preferences on the mail client
software.

Oki