Re: apt-get and personal data

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, David Wright wrote:
> You may well fall foul of the Data Protection Act at least in Europe.

I think I didn't say that apt-get would _automatically_ grab whatever info
available on your systems; I said that if a user put his/her info on a
file, then apt-get would send it's content to the main site. If the user
didn't like that idea, then the person didn't have to create the file.

Don't you tired of: "Y OS is used on 85% of desktop systems", and a week
later: "Y OS is used on 95% of desktop systems." A week later, the
percentage changes, but still close to 100% but not exactly 100%.

Oki