Re: END Key in Emacs (only in Xterm)

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 11:21:57AM +0200, Michel LESPINASSE wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2000, Kirk Hilliard wrote:
>
> > infocmp must not be telling the whole story.
>
> > The END key does not work in "emacs20 -nw" in an xterm with
> > "TERM=xterm", but it does work with "TERM=xterms" and
> > "infocmp xterm xterms" returns no differences at all.
>
> I'm not even sure that [x]emacs looks at the info files for keyboard
> mapping... It uses terminal-specific lisp init files in
> /usr/lib/*emacs*/lisp/term/* though. probably the difference comes from
> there (I can not check because I do not have a xterms description in my
> xemacs21 installation)

	I don't have xterms.elc either. I read README file and I
_think_ Emacs doesn't read any .elc file when you put TERM=xterms,
because it doesn't find xterms.elc file. Hence, it doesn't assign \e[4~ to
select, resulting in no error. The problem, in my opinion, comes when
it reads xterm.elc and this file doesn't assign correctly.

[]'s
--
Rodrigo Castro   <rcastro@linux.ime.usp.br>
Computer Science undergraduate student - University of Sao Paulo

I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.
                -- Isaac Asimov