Re: Unknown problem connecting

"J. Hartzelbuck" wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> Using Debian, I've installed wvdial and can connect very nicely, but
> commands issued don't do anything! Ping doesn't respond, lynx doesn't
> respond. I'm new to all this, so don't know where I might be going
> wrong. Can anyone give any pointers?
>
> Thank you!
>
> -- Chris Joyner

If I remember correctly, wvdial tries to figure out how to connect, and
then if it can't figure it out it makes its best guess and then hopes
for the best. So you may not be getting connected very nicely.

Have you tried pppconfig/pon, and if so did you have any success with
it?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, try running pppconfig, which
will set up a connection script; once that's done, type pon to connect,
plog to see what's happening, and poff to disconnect.