Re: What happens with pakages ssh2

Once upon a time, I heard Dave Sherohman say

> Jaume Teixi said:
> > Afer doing an update on frozen distribution, now ssh2 appears as
> > Obsolete/local
> > so, what happens ?
>
> Don't know if it's related, but, after encountering the exact same problem, I
> went out to the Debian website, grabbed the latest ssh2 deb, and installed
> it.  It conflicts with ssh, so I had to dump that.  Now the machine in
> question is refusing both ssh and ssh2 connections.  (Of course, I discovered
> this when the machine isn't local and it doesn't run telnetd, rshd, or
> anything but sshd, so now I have to go visit it to revert the ssh install.
> *sigh*)
>
> I've noticed that packages which apt claims are missing will frequently be
> available from the Debian web site.  Perhaps they've been pulled because they
> don't work any more...

Grab ssh-nonfree and ssh2 if you want both ssh is openssh (free version). And
you could bind port of ssh2 to 22 instead of default 2222 and make it fork
ssh1d when ssh1 client connects.

Cheers,

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                       <chanop@faceng.anu.edu.au>          |
| Australian National University                                              |
| got sparetime ?                                                             |
| http://kenji.anu.edu.au/                                                    |
|           Debian GNU/BSD           GPG key on request                       |