Re: END Key in Emacs (only in Xterm)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Rodrigo Castro wrote:

> 	I couldn't make my Emacs work yet. Anyway, the problem is with
> Emacs (in Xterm) and not with XEmacs. I don't know but do you have any
> other idea? (I already contacted the Emacs maintainer but I didn't get
> any answer so far).

I hacked this yesterday in the evening so I can as well post my config
here. I also contacted the xemacs maintainer about this but no answer
either.

I fixed the home/end problem by adding this in my .emacs file :

;; better xterm support
(defun xterm-setup-hook ()
  (define-key function-key-map "\e[1~" [home])
  (define-key function-key-map "\e[4~" [end]))
(setq term-setup-hook 'xterm-setup-hook)

We have to do this because the terminal definition in
/usr/lib/xemacs-21.1.8/lisp/term/xterm.elc is apparently wrong - it
defines [find] instead of [home] and [select] instead of [end].

To get the delete key to work as it should, I also have to add :

;; delete key
(setq delete-key-deletes-forward t)

I still have another problem with xemacs running in a text VT. when I
exit, I get a "blinking block" cursor instead of the usual "blinking
underline". I dont know why xemacs changes my cursor size and how to avoid
it - if you happen to know this, please tell me :) This is on a current
potato system.

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE - Development Engineer at Wind River Systems
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters