Re: fresh compile, "unresolved symbols" complaints

On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 10:58:44PM +0100, Paul J. Keenan wrote:

> Debian packagers can make more informed decisions about the filesystem
> arrangement than the kernel developers and this will always be the case,
> so use the "smart" tools provided with debian to ease the brain strain.
>
> Unless you're doing strange things to modify your kernel, I'd vote for
> make-kpkg.

Me, too, now that I know about it. :-)

(Went like so:  I inquired here about daring to compile a kernel for
the first time; received the reply that it was easy; read the HOW-TO
and followed what it said -- no mention of make-kpkg during all that
that I can recall.)

That's kindly, Paul.

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."