Re: END Key in Emacs (only in Xterm)

On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 11:14:16AM -0400, Marshal Kar-Cheung Wong wrote:

>     > Hello, Sorry for sending this message again and sorry for
>     > sending to devel (I don't know if I should). I really need your
>     > help, I tried everything I know and I can't make my Emacs work
>     > with END key, when it is in Xterm.
>
>     > 	- All programs have right key configuration
>
>     > 	- Emacs in console or X works fine
>
>     > 	- I renamed .emacs in order to not be read and it didn't work
>
>     > 	- If I change my XTERM variable from "xterm" to "linux" when I
>     > am in Xterm, Emacs works with END key
>
> Since this changes things, perhaps there's something different with
> the termcap/terminfo definitions of xterm?  I'm guessing here...

	Any idea of what I can do in order to solve it? I reinstalled
ncurses-bin 5.0-6 and ncurses-term 5.0-6 but it didn't solve.

        Oh, I have the lastest version (in potato) of XFree installed.

[]'s
--
Rodrigo Castro   <rcastro@linux.ime.usp.br>
Computer Science undergraduate student - University of Sao Paulo

I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.
                -- Isaac Asimov