From: wim@wim.dhis.net [mailto:wim@wim.dhis.net]On Behalf Of Wim
Kerkhoff
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2000 9:35 PM
To: Chris Mason
Cc: Debian-User
Subject: RE: DHCP

On 01-Apr-2000 Chris Mason wrote:
> How do I force the machine to renew it's DHCP IP allocation? I've changed
> parameters on the DHCP server and I want the machine to reflect those
> changes.

 and it should renew itself.  If you
running Windows (shudder), Start->run-> winipcfg, and hit "release all", then
"renew".  Or something like that, this is off the top of my head.

> Also, how do I get a Linux machine to be a DHCP server?

apt-get install dhcp, then change /etc/dhcpd.conf to match your network.

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff
wim@netmaster.com
www.canadianhomes.net/wim