Re: Questions from a new debian user

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 04:57:04PM -0500, Hilary Hertzoff wrote:

> 2. I downloaded a file from the internet through lynx for the browser I
> used to use in Windoze.  Now I can't find the file. Where would lynx have
> dropped it.

You can tell lynx where to put downloaded files.
In the file  /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg  (that's the default location)
there is an entry called 'SAVE_SPACE:'.  Just initialize it with the
directory you want to use..
	SAVE_SPACE:/save/files/here

You can get to the lynx.cfg file through the lynx program itself by
typing the letter 'o', which will bring up the options menu, then go
to the bottom where it says 'Check you lynx.cfg here'.  Just select the
link, edit your changes and select 'RELOAD THE CHANGES' when you're done.

hth
Robert