installing on an old 486

I'm trying to install Debian on an old 486 sx.  From DOS, I put the Debian
CD in the drive, then did a "d:\install\boot" and it loaded up the
dbootstrap program as expected.

The installation procedure works fine until I get to the "Install OS
Kernel and Modules."  When it asks for a install media, I choose CD-ROM.
I selected /dev/hdc and it says mount failed.  I actually went through all
choices (all /dev/hdx) and the mount always failed.

Could the problem be the CD-ROM is some strange proprietary interface that
the installer can't talk to?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@ews.uiuc.edu
"I was just reading the interview with Korn in _Guitar_World_, and one of