Re: sound hell

Colin Watson <cjw44@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
><james@C638080-A.sttln1.wa.home.com> wrote:
>>i absolutely can NOT do w/o sound and afraid i'll have to wipe out this
>>drive in favor of Corel this weekend (damn it! why can't debian adopt
>>corel's "sound_setup" program. it works so nicely!),
>
>What's the licence like? If it's free, then maybe we could integrate it.

sound_setup is under the CPL, an MPL clone (so DFSG-free, I imagine).
It's just a script that does little apart from calling sndconfig,
though. That's ripped from Red Hat, and there was some talk on
debian-devel a few months back about Debianizing it. I've had a look at
it and it's a little tricky because there's a *lot* of RH-specific stuff
in there, but I'll see if I can make anything of it.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]