Re: xemacs and the docbook 3.1 dtd's

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 11:03:14AM -0800, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> Hey people -
>
>   I'm just trying to edit docbook here, and it's quite obvious that
>   emacs doesn't know to look for DTDs. I've found that  emacs has a
>   number of options for setting custom search paths for these kinds of
>   files, but I can't decide what to set... It's somewhere under:
>
> Emacs/Programming/Languages/Sgml/Psgml/Psgml_Dtd
>
> Any ideas? thanks in advance for any help.

I put these variables in my .bashrc which I source with .xsession.

SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/sgml.catalog
SGML_PATH=/usr/lib/sgml
DSSSL=/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/sgmltools
export SGML_CATALOG SGML_PATH DSSSL

I also have these lines in ~/.emacs

(autoload 'sgml-mode "psgml" "Major mode to edit SGML files." t)
(autoload 'xml-mode "psgml" "Major mode to edit XML files." t)

I had problems a while back where psgmls wasn't getting byte compiled
for Xemacs, though it was for emacs -- so it'd only work with Emacs. The
problem was fixed, I think.  I use LaTeX and vim mostly, so...

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |