Re: ATTN: pjw@edmc.net

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 04:02:43PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> You should at the very least mention why you're closing the bug report.
> It may, for example, be the case that user is unaware that their usual
> mail system uses the DUL or whatever.  Randomly closed bugreports will
> just annoy people without actually helping them realise that you find
> yourself unable to talk to them and what they can do to work around this
> situation.

Did you bother to read my close message?  Obviously not.  I did in fact
include an explanation of why I was closing the bug.

> Not that I would advocate doing this in the first place.

Fine; if you want to have a "conversation" with people who refuse to listen
to you, that's your right.  I see communication as a bidirectional process,
however.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |       One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux               |       engineering.  "Supernatural" is a