Re: Xfree update for slink 2.1

Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>I have mirrored the whole directory at
>http://www.debian.org/~vincent/dists/xfree-update/main/binary-i386/
>to avoid having to download it every time I do a fresh installation from
>my official cds.
>What command will upgrade it, shoud I run "apt-get upgrade xfree" or so
>from within the directory where the files are?

If you've mirrored the Packages.gz file as well, then add a line to
/etc/apt/sources.list pointing at that directory like this (assuming
you've put them in /home/username/debian/xfree-update):

deb file:/home/username/debian xfree-update/

(The / at the end is important.)

After you've done that, 'apt-get update', and then 'apt-get upgrade'.
'apt-get install xbase' would probably also do the job instead of
upgrade, but I'm not sure exactly what the "recommended" way is.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]