Difficulties with FvwmPager in fvwm2 (potato)

Hello, all.

I'm running fvwm 2.2.4-2 on Debian 2.2r2 (potato), and there's something
that's been bugging me for a while.

I don't have an .fvwm2rc in my home directory, so fvwm looks at Debian's
/etc/X11/fvwm/system.fvwm2rc and then reads the various hook files in
~/.fvwm.  This generally works OK.  The only problem is the FvwmPager---I
don't like some of the options that are set in system.fvwm2rc, like the
font size and the geometry.

I've put the following properties in ~/.fvwm/post.hook:

*FvwmPagerGeometry      +894+42
*FvwmPagerFont          none
*FvwmPagerSmallFont     none
*FvwmPagerDeskTopScale  25

and, as specified in the docs, the following in ~/.fvwm/init-restart.hook:

    + I Wait FvwmPager
    + I KillModule FvwmPager
    + I Module FvwmPager 0 0

However, this usually doesn't take.  I haven't been keeping careful
records, but probably 2/3 of the time, when I start fvwm, the pager is
started with the properties as set in system.fvwm2rc, not my overrides.
Usually, restarting fvwm will case my props to stick, but this isn't
consistent---this morning, I had to restart fvwm 5 or 6 times to get the
pager where I want it.

Since this is apparently not deterministic behavior, I suspect that there's
a race condition in there somewhere.  Has anyone found a reliable solution
for this?

Thanks,

Richard