Re: psql doesn't work in GUI (solved)

=?iso-8859-1?q?Drag=F3n?= wrote:
  >>Leave the "hostname" and just about everything blank for the connection
  >>configuration.  That should force the use of UNIX sockets rather than
  >>TCP/IP sockets.
  >>
  >>See /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf for changing security
  >>configuration, and /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init for options for the
  >>postmaster (like listening for TCP/IP connections).
  >>

  >>--
  >>Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>
  >
  >    Thanks Very Much to both of you.
  >
  >    It works now. I 've just left everything blank except the 'database name
      >'
  >and works fine with pgaccess but no with mpsql, because mpsql doesn't
  >let me keep anything blank.

Then change /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init so that the postmaster allows
TCP/IP connections.  If you want to prevent access from other machines,
you can edit /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf to allow access only from localhost.

     "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love
      thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto
      you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do
      good to them that hate you, and pray for them which
      despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
                                     Matthew 5:43,44