Pls Help. DNS resolver problem.

Situation:	I have moved my Linux server to my college,
my college provides me four IP addresses
(203.111.111.111 - 114). I use only one IP address
203.111.111.111. Since I don't want to use my college
name server as a resolver so I build the named in my
own Linux server.

What did I do?
1. Set up the named package.
2. I did not configure the named at all.
3. Start the named.
4. Edit the "resolv.conf"
	search  mydomain.com
	nameserver 127.0.0.1
5. Edit the "host.conf"
	order hosts, bind
	multi on

Problem:
The named resolver does not work.
It works when I ping the outside IP addresses.
It does not work when I ping the domain names (such as
ping www.yahoo.com).

Did I do something wrong? How do I set up the named as
a resolver for "MY OWN USE"?

Many Thanks!

Happy new year.