Re: Why does apache-1.3.14-2 depend on libmysqlclient6 ?

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 02:25:06PM -0500, S . Salman Ahmed wrote:

> I'd like to install Apache-1.3.14 on my sid system, but noticed that
> apache-common depends on libmsqlclient6. Why is this ?
>
> I plan to use Apache with PostGres SQL.
>
> Is there any way to install apache without libmsqlclient6 getting
> installed ?

Is this in Potato?  There's no such dependency for apache-common in
unstable.  Maybe there's an error in the control file, since there can't
be any good reason to have apache-common depend on libmysqlclient.
There's always the --force-depends option to dpkg if necessary.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>