Installing Debian over NFS

Hi all,

I'm new to Debian and I'm trying to install the current distribution
using NFS on a i486 PC that has an Ethernet 3Com 3C509B adapter in an
ISA slot. I had RedHat Linux running on the PC before and the NIC was
working fine (with Donald Beckers's 3c509.o module).

I read through the installation guide, created the boot floppies for the
'vanilla' kernel, and also copied the driver images to floppies. The
installation works OK until I choose the 'Configure Device Driver
Modules' option from the installation menu to load a driver for the NIC;
at this point I try to use any of the four driver floppies, but I'm
getting the following error: "Cannot mount the floppy. Stop". Is it the
proper way to load the driver?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Denis Laroche