Re: Apache Error: srm.conf

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 03:19:13PM -0600, Rob VanFleet wrote:
> Invalid command 'AddDefaultCharsetName', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
> module not included in the server configuration
>
> I'm somewhat leery of removing the offending line, as it seems to be a security
> fix for cross-site scripting.  Here are the values from
> /etc/apache/conf/srm.conf:
>
> AddDefaultCharset on
> AddDefaultCharsetName iso-8859-1
>
> Anyone know how to fix this without possibly opening up the server to security
> risks?

According to the online Apache documentation [0], the directive
"AddDefaultCharsetName" does not exist.  The "AddDefaultCharset" line
appears to do the right thing; I don't kow why that other line got in
there.  Comment it out and give it a try.

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.

[0] http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset